FTF Featured in Structure Magazine
Structure Magazine features article by Nik Favretto, P.E. and Jillian van Enckevort, S.E.
Beauty meets brawn in the Bay Area. FTF Engineering applied an advanced seismic structural design of steel braced frames with viscous dampers to a modern residential architectural vision, achieving the following goals without compromising on design or safety:
- 4,400 square foot modern high-end residential architectural masterpiece
- Steeply sloped site 1 mile from the San Andreas fault
- Structure that performs in large seismic events and withstands a maximum considered earthquake (MCE)
- Architectural expression preserved by hiding structural elements
- Minimal increase to construction costs